IMPORTANT: classes resume this week!
We resume our regular schedule at Churchill Park School on Tuesday 2 June. All students from Kohimarama School and Glendowie Primary School are invited to attend these classes. Moreover, we are likely to resume classes in other venues later in the month. During Level 2, we will have additional protocols in place to protect our community and meet Sport NZ guidelines (updated 28 May 2020). You can read our safety plan here. Happily, the gathering size limit is now 100 people, so we can relax our spectator limits.
What you need to do:
- Stay home if you have any cold or flu symptoms (you can do a prerecorded Zoom class),
- Bring a training towel,
- Enter as follows:
- classes starting at 5pm or 6pm, enter and exit through the side doors closest to the stage,
- classes starting after 6pm, enter and exit through the main doors,
- Enter your details on our contact tracing form when you arrive (not necessary for students who have confirmed their contact details by email, because we record class attendance),
- Wash your hands thoroughly in the bathrooms before and after class,
- Wait quietly at the back of the hall until your class is called to form up,
- Parents and spectators of different lockdown bubbles must sit 2 metres apart.
To simplify contact tracing, ensure you reply to our email asking you to update your contact details. More than half of our students have already done so, thank you.
What we will do:
- Contact tracing – we must keep records of every person who attends our classes (bring your own pen to sign in),
- Separate a waiting area at the back of the hall from the training area, with a line of chairs (where students put their bags),
- No activities that involve touching the floor or faces with the hands,
- Put pads to one side after they are used during class, and clean them before putting them away (students will help),
- Finish classes 5 minutes early, to allow one class to leave and the next to enter without overlapping,
- Class sizes will be limited to the gathering maximum (including instructor, assistant and spectators).
With a gathering limit of 100 people, we do not risk reaching this limit for individual classes or overlapping classes. We have many prerecorded classes for students who prefer to train at home a little longer.
Our Churchill Park classes are:
- Children 6-8 years, Monday or Tuesday 5-6pm,
- Children 9-12 years, Tuesday 6-7pm, Wednesday 6:00-7:30pm (extra class until 10 June only), and Thursday 5-6pm,
- Senior grades and 13 years plus, Tuesday 7:00-8:30pm and Thursday 6:00-7:30pm,
- Kubz, Saturday 9-10am or 10-11am,
- Parents with children, Satudray 11am-12pm,
- Red belts and above, Thursday 7:00-8:30pm,
- Boosabum Development Squad, Monday 6:15-7:30pm.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.