International Taekwon-Do is tremendous value - there is very little equipment required to participate, and training fees are very well priced.
Monthly fees and joining fee
Monthly fees for Taekwon-Do:
- 1 student training once per week, $50/month
- 1 student training twice or more per week, $70/month
- 2 students from the same family training, $100/month
- 3 or more students from the same family training, $130/month
There is a one-off joining fee for International Taekwon-Do:
- 1 student, new registration, $70
- 2 or more students from the same family, new registration, $120
Training fees are payable 12 months per year. International Taekwon-Do charge an annual re-registration fee; January fees are used to pay the re-registration fee so there is no additional charge to our students.
Join for 12 months and we'll waive the joining fee!
Save $120 per family or $70 per person
Uniforms and equipment for Taekwon-Do
Training uniforms cost $85 each.
Students should also bring the following equipment to every session:
- A bottle of drinking water
- A notebook and pen
- A mouth guard (same as that used for other sports)
Grading and grading fees
When the instructor discovers that a student is ready to grade for the next level, which may happen 1-3 times per year, grading fees (which are paid to the national association) are:
- 10th gup white belt - 8th gup yellow belt, $60
- 7th gup green stripe - 5th gup blue stripe, $70
- 4th gup blue belt - 2nd gup red belt, $80
- Family discount, each extra person from the same family at the same grading gets a $25 discount (2 people $25 discount, 3 people $50 discount, ...)
Gradings for young children differ from formal gradings. "Mini-kids" gradings, as the are called, are $25 per student. These are not eligible for family discounts.
Kubz gradings, for our 3-5yo programme, are $45 per person.
Training fees are due by the 1st of each month by automatic payment into the following bank account; references your family name, and "Fees":
Free sparring safety equipment
Once a student reaches green belt, he or she should invest in a set of free sparring safety equipment. It takes adults around 1.5 years to reach green belt, and children around 3 years. Free sparring safety equipment costs approximately $140-$250 per set, and is available directly from one of the following suppliers:
- Top Ten, http://toptennz.com/
- Top Pro, http://toppro.co.nz/
- FujiMAE, http://fujimae.co.nz/
- MightyFist, http://mightyfist.co.nz/
Alternatively, we can order sparring equipment for you. We get MightyFist black vinyl gloves and boots for $140 per set.
Ask the instructor for more details before purchasing free sparring safety equipment, to ensure you purchase an approved style. If this equipment is maintained well, it should last many years of normal use.
For those who are unable to attend regularly, we have a casual class rate of $15 per class per person.
Our classes are fantastic value, so why not come along and meet us this week? Give International Taekwon-Do a try!