We have heard from all three venues, and this is what they told us about returning to training:
- Churchill Park School, Tuesday 2 June;
- Kohimarama School, when we reach COVID-19 Level 1;
- Glendowie Primary School, reevaluate for term 3.
Kohimarama and Glendowie students will be invited to attend classes of the appropriate age group at Churchill Park School when those classes resume.
Sport NZ guidelines allow us to return to training now, with physical contact, in gatherings of no more than 10 people (which includes the instructor, assistant and spectators). They will reevaluate this setting on 25 May, so hopefully the maximum gathering size will increase before we return to Churchill Park on Tuesday 2 June.
During Level 2, we will have additional protocols in place to protect our community and meet Sport NZ guidelines:
- Stay home if you have any cold or flu symptoms (you can do a recorded Zoom class),
- Contact tracing – we must keep records of every person who attends our classes (bring your own pen to sign in),
- We enter through the main doors, and leave through the side doors,
- All students must wash their hands thoroughly before and after class,
- All students must bring a training towel,
- No activities that involve touching the floor or faces with the hands,
- Pads will be cleaned after each class use,
- Class sizes will be limited to the gathering maximum (including instructor, assistant and spectators),
- We ask that only one parent per Kubz family remain during class, and that parents not remain during other Taekwon-Do classes.
With physical classes resuming in June, June invoices will be at the normal monthly rate. A huge thank you to everyone who continued to support us during lockdown!
Hopefully by the time classes resume on 2 June, the gathering size will be higher. If we expect capacity to be an issue, we will try to structure additional classes (where we can) to cope. If attendance is greater than the gathering limit, priority will be given to those whose fees are current and who arrive first. We may also continue to offer a Zoom class each week during level 2, for those who prefer to train from home.