What is your next goal?
Remember that your training notebook and pen are compulsory pieces of equipment to bring to every training session. If you don’t have a training notebook, buy a 1B4 or similar from a stationary store.
This week, I want you to write your next major goal in your training notebook. You may be aiming for your black belt or your yellow belt. You may want to medal in the next tournament. Your instructor will ask you about your goal.
Ensure your goals are:
- Specific – state your goal very clearly.
- Measurable – how will you know when you have achieved it?
- Achievable – is it realistic / possible; eg, can you complete enough training sessions to grade?
- Relevant – is it something you really want to achieve?
- Time-bound – it must include a deadline.
“I want to get yellow belt,” is not a SMART goal.
“I want to attain yellow belt in the third term grading (2015) [and I am training hard, and I will have enough sessions to grade]”, is a SMART goal.
Also remember the other things you should bring to every training session:
- your membership card
- your syllabus book
- your mouth guard
- your free sparring gear (if you own some)
- a jacket and shoes to wear after training
- and your training notebook and pen noted above.
See you this week!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.