Sometimes you can’t make training. In any case, you should do some extra practice at home regularly. Sometimes, other instructors explain things a little differently, and you get it. There are fantastic resources available online to supplement your training in the dojang. One example is this fantastic YouTube channel by Grand Master Nardizzi of England.
I first met and trained with Grand Master Nardizzi in 1994, in London, when I was a first degree black belt. More recently, I worked with him on the ITF Children’s Development Committee. He is a former science teacher, he’s been a full time instructor for many years, and he is a fantastic teacher and master. Check out his videos!
Conveniently, he arranges his channel into playlists, including:
- Taekwon-Do lessons, covering fundamental movements and patterns;
- Free sparring drills for beginners, and free sparring drills;
- Taekwon-Do stances, and blocking and attacking tools;
- Martial arts fitness exercises, including flexibility training;
- Taekwon-Do science, with great videos explaining sine wave.