- We won best overall club at the Auckland Regional Tournament on Sunday
- Clay Sapir, best overall yellow belt
- Colden Sapir, best overall green belt
- By far the club with the most competitors
- Lots of students came away with medals – across almost all events
Congratulations to everyone on a great effort.
More importantly, I only heard good things about our students’ courtesy and behaviour. You looked after each other and supported each other.
- Many of you came to help set up on Saturday afternoon, and we set the venue up on only two hours – thank you
- Many of you helped pack everything away at the end of the tournament – thank you
- Many of you volunteered your time to help during the tournament, some even missing their children competing in some events – thank you
- To our senior students who were running around coaching – thank you.
My apologies, not everything went perfectly:
- Some parents ended up coaching their own children – I’m sorry we didn’t manage to get a senior student there for you
- Some parents were unhappy with some aspects of the tournament – this is a lot of work put in by a small number of volunteers, and they would love your help to make it better next year
- We need to do more free sparring in regular classes – I’ll ask all instructors to spend 10-15 mins every class on free sparring skills and drills, or free sparring
- There are other tournaments running throughout the year, and we’d love to see you do more – check the calender at members.itkd.co.nz for details
- Let’s win it again next year!
I am a very happy instructor, and I know many of our instructing team are, too.