It is wonderful to have you in International Taekwon-Do Glendowie. We’ve had a great year.
- Mr Harradine and Mr Gibson successfully graded to 1st degree black belt.
- We had a number of great students compete – and medal – at the Regional Tournament.
- Mr Robson-Wright competed at the National Tournament, too!
- We had students attend the Auckland Regional Children’s Camp, and the National Juniors’ Camp.
- We hosted numerous international visitors, such as Master Peter Barbour from Perth, Mrs Suzanne Côté from Quebec.
- We have the 5th largest school in the country, with 123 registered members. I’d love to see us grow to 150 members!
- We had 39 new members join our school this year.
- We have 14 members under 6, 33 of 6-8yos, 37 of 9-11yos, 18 of 12-17yos and 20 of 18 and over.
- 75 of our members are under green belt, 26 are senior coloured belts, and 10 are black belts.
- We held gradings at the end of each term, and 68 students completed formal coloured belt gradings – plus lots of mini-kids!
- I was appointed to the Children’s Development Committee for the International Taekwon-Do Federation. I travelled to Argentina to attend an International Kids’ Course in Rosario.
- I was an umpire at the ITF World Cup in Budapest, after which I worked for a week with the Children’s Development Committee in London.
- I apologise if I missed anything – it was a busy year!
Unfortunately we also farewell some wonderful long-time students. Most recently, the Usseglio family moved to Tauranga. I wish Mrs Schwarz, Julian and Simon the very best for their new home and school. We have some amazing Taekwon-Do instructors in Tauranga, and I look forward to seeing all three in black belts over the next few years.
At the other end, we were recently joined by a 2nd degree black belt from Scotland, Mrs Anderson, and her son Samuel. Welcome to NZ, and to International Taekwon-Do Glendowie!
One of the many things I love about Taekwon-Do is being able to travel almost anywhere in NZ, and the world, and quickly find people who share my passion. If you travel, take your dobok. Nothing beats travel when you experience time with locals, particularly local Taekwon-Doin!
Finally, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to our class instructors and Leadership Team. I am very happy to be supported by such wonderful people. Thank you.
I look forward to seeing everyone at the barbeque on Saturday.
Merry Christmas, everyone. Keep safe this summer.