Nominations are now open for the 2017 National Awards. Anybody can nominate someone for an award, so think about who is deserving and get your nominations in! They are due to the Operations Executive, Mr Tolley (email@example.com) by Monday 3 July 2017.
The awards are:
- Presidents award for outstanding contribution to International Taekwon-Do
- Club of the year
- Gup student of the year (coloured belt)
- Dan student of the year (black belt)
- Instructor of the year
- Senior sports person of the year
- Junior sports person of the year
- Outstanding official’s award
The completeness of the nomination often dictates who wins the award, because judges use the nominations to decide – so just sending a name is not enough. I recommend writing a page or two, and ask your nominee for help writing it:
- Write a few paragraphs about the person and why you think they deserve the award.
- Include a few paragraphs about how the person displays the tenets of Taekwon-Do, with examples (courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self control, indomitable spirit).
- End the nomination with a bullet point list of the person’s achievements and contributions in the past year – the reasons they should receive the award.
I would love to see Glendowie people win some awards!
The awards are presented at the National Awards dinner, on the Saturday evening of the National Tournament (15 July). The dinner will be at Alexandra Park, and anyone can buy tickets to attend. It will be awesome to have a big Glendowie presence!