We resume our regular schedule at Churchill Park School on Tuesday 2 June. All students from Kohimarama School and Glendowie Primary School are invited to attend these classes. (Other venues will reopen later. Note that we are running Wednesday classes at Churchill Park School this term.) During Level 2, we will have additional protocols in place to protect our community and meet Sport NZ guidelines.
What you need to do:
- Stay home if you have any cold or flu symptoms (you can do a prerecorded Zoom class),
- Bring a training towel,
- Enter through the main doors, and leave through the side doors,
- Enter your details on our contact tracing form when you arrive,
- Wash your hands thoroughly in the bathrooms before and after class,
- Wait quietly at the back of the hall until your class is called to form up,
- Only one parent per family remain during Kubz class, please, and parents not remain during other Taekwon-Do classes (due to limited gathering sizes).
To simplify contact tracing, ensure you reply to our email asking you to update your contact details. More than half of our students have already done so, thank you.
What we will do:
- Contact tracing – we must keep records of every person who attends our classes (bring your own pen to sign in),
- Separate a waiting area at the back of the hall from the training area, with a line of chairs (where students put their bags),
- No activities that involve touching the floor or faces with the hands,
- Put pads to one side after they are used during class, and clean them before putting them away (students will help),
- Finish classes 5 minutes early, to allow one class to leave and the next to enter without overlapping,
- Class sizes will be limited to the gathering maximum (including instructor, assistant and spectators).
Hopefully by the time classes resume on 2 June, the gathering size will be higher. To be fair to all members, if we reach gathering size limits, priority will be given to those whose fees are current and who arrive first. We have many prerecorded classes for students who prefer to train at home a little longer.
Our Churchill Park classes are:
- Children 6-8 years, Monday or Tuesday 5-6pm,
- Children 9-12 years, Tuesday 6-7pm, Wednesday 6:00-7:30pm (extra class) and Thursday 5-6pm,
- Senior grades and 13 years plus, Tuesday 7:00-8:30pm and Thursday 6:00-7:30pm,
- Kubz, Saturday 9-10am or 10-11am,
- Parents with children, Satudray 11am-12pm,
- Red belts and above, Thursday 7:00-8:30pm,
- Boosabum Development Squad, Monday 6:15-7:30pm.