IMPORTANT information about end of term grading
Pregrading is only two weeks away, and grading will be held the week of 12 December. Please read this post carefully, because it contains information you need to know:
- Parents of under 13yos, please print and complete our term report sheet, which is here. It must be delivered to your class instructor in time for pregrading, the week of 28 November. There is a space for you to complete, one for your child’s teacher, and one for the class instructor.
- We need a completed report sheet for all under 13s, regardless of whether they are grading.
- A child who is not behaving appropriately at home or at school is not permitted to grade. Without the completed report sheet, we cannot allow a child to grade, because we don’t know how they are behaving outside class. (It is okay if a teacher refuses to complete their part.)
- Pregrading will be in usual class time. Be ready. Know your theory. Be awesome at your practical.
- To be eligible to grade, students must have attended sufficient sessions, must pass their pregrading, and must display appropriate behaviour. (For mini-kids, this is largely about attendance. For formal grades, this means meeting the national standard for each grade.)
- After pregrading, I will email grading invoices. Students who receive an invoice in their own name know that they are grading. Class instructors will give students feedback. Students who do not receive an invoice are not ready to grade.
- There are two types of gradings: formal gradings, and mini-kids’ gradings. See more information in our welcome document, which is here. Please read this carefully, because grading times will differ from in the past.
- Those grading for a formal grade (yellow stripe, yellow belt and above), your grading will be at Churchill Park School on Thursday 15 December, starting at 6:15pm. Arrive and warm up by 6pm.
- Those grading for mini-kids grades, you have two options for your grading:
- Monday 12 December at Churchill Park School, 6-7:15pm.
- Thursday 15 December at Churchill Park School, 6:15-7:15pm (arrive 6pm).
The Kubz grading will be held on Saturday 17 December at Churchill Park School, 9:30-11am (both classes combined). There is no pregrading for Kubz. I decide who to put up for grading based on age and attendance.
If you have any questions, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.