End of year grading
Grading invoices were sent on 8 December. Ask your class instructor for individual feedback about how you can prepare for your next grading.
- All grades up to yellow belt (those in a white belt), Monday 16 December, 6:00-8:00pm, Glendowie Primary School;
- All grades from yellow belt (those wearing a yellow belt or higher), Thursday 19 December, 6:00-8:30pm, Churchill Park School;
- Kubz grading, Saturday 21 December, 9:00-11:00am, Churchill Park School; and
- No classes Tuesday 17 December (Churchill Park School is unavailable).
Partial gradings are $25 each, national gradings are $60 to $80 each depending upon rank, and Kubz gradings are $45 each. Please note that grading fees (and all training fees) must be paid by Friday 14 December, so they can clear before I reconcile bank accounts on Saturday 15 December.
If you cannot make the date of your scheduled grading, try to rearrange your calendar, please. Exceptions are difficult to manage.
Ensure you practice your syllabus – all of your syllabus and below – for grading, and ensure you know the theory for your grade and below. Remember that an invitation to grade is not a guarantee to pass – that is up to you, and how well you perform at grading.
If you do not receive an invoice, then you are not invited to grade this term. In most cases, this is because you have insufficient sessions since your last grading – keep training. You are improving, and next term it is likely that you’ll be ready! A few students are not invited to grade because they have not reached the national standard to pass a national grading. Ensure you are trying hard in class. Grades are not awarded for turning up. You get better by trying hard!
Partial grades are designed for children under 13. Children naturally take longer to progress than adults, and partial grades are awarded to help them recognise their progress.
Grading results and end of year barbecue
On Saturday 21st December, we have combined training at Churchill Park School 11:00am-12:15pm (just after the Kubz grading – Kubz can watch or join in). All grading results will be awarded at this session at 11:00am, so don’t miss it, and don’t be late.
Wear dobok, sunscreen and a hat – we will be training outside in the sports field.
Following the combined training session, we have our annual Christmas barbecue, 12:15pm-1:30pm.
- We provide sausages, bread, sauce, juice, water, plates, cups and cutlery.
- Bring a plate of salad or dessert to share.
- Adults are welcome to bring summer beverages – drink responsibly and drive safely.
- Bring your families, too!
International Taekwon-Do, our national association, charges all students an annual reregistration fee. Rather than charging you separately, we use January fees to pay your fee for you.
This means although most of Auckland goes away in January, January fees are due for all students. Please don’t email Master Banicevich to say you are away and ask whether you still have to pay fees. The answer is, “yes”.
There are no classes for three weeks between Sunday 22nd December and Sunday 12th January (inclusive).
Training resumes Tuesday 14th January. Many people are still away on holiday, so we run a more limited schedule until Thursday 30th January:
- Children under 9 (including Kubz), Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm.
- Children 9 and older and adults, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-7:30pm.
These are fun sessions that we run on Vellenoweth Green, on the corner of Goldie St and Tamaki Dr. If the tide is right, we may even train across the road at the beach, so bring your togs and towel, and a parent to supervise you. You may like to have a picnic dinner on the beach after class!
Our regular schedule of 17 sessions per week across three venues resumes on Monday 3rd February 2020.