We have a lot of new yellow belts. This video of Dan-Gun may help you learn it. It is by former multi-time 4th degree male patterns champion, Jaroslaw Suska of Poland.
- All punches in Dan-Gun are high.
- Lock your back leg in your walking stances.
- L-stance has 70% of your weight on the back leg, 30% on the front. Be careful to ensure this is correct, especially when turning.
- For twin forearm block, cross with the hand that goes forward on top, both palms towards you.
- Take care with your timing and breathing for the continuous motion low block and rising block.
- Ensure you cross your hands correctly and use two hands for every hand technique – pull your other hand back to your hip strongly.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.