Christmas barbecue and summer break
Read below carefully for full details (click the email link). Summary:
- Combined training, grading results and Christmas barbecue on 22nd December;
- January fees are used to pay your annual reregistration fee;
- Summer break 23rd December to 14th January;
- Summer classes 15th January to 31st January;
- Regular classes resume Saturday 2nd February.
Combined training, grading results and Christmas barbecue
On Saturday 22nd December, we have combined training at Churchill Park School 10:00am-11:30am (just after the Kubz grading – Kubz can watch or join in). All grading results will be awarded at this session at 10:00am, so don’t miss it, and don’t be late.
Wear dobok, sunscreen and a hat – we will be training outside in the sports field.
Following the combined training session, we have our annual Christmas barbecue, 11:30am-1:30pm.
- We provide sausages, bread, sauce, juice, water, plates, cups and cutlery.
- Bring a plate of salad or dessert to share.
- Adults are welcome to bring summer beverages – drink responsibly and drive safely.
- Bring your families, too!
International Taekwon-Do, our national association, charges all students an annual reregistration fee. Rather than charging you separately, we use January fees to pay your fee for you.
This means although most of Auckland goes away in January, January fees are due for all students. Please don’t email Master Banicevich to say you are away and ask whether you still have to pay fees. The answer is, “yes”.
There are no classes for three weeks between Sunday 23rd December and Monday 14th January (inclusive).
Training resumes Tuesday 15th January. Many people are still away on holiday, so we run a more limited schedule until Thursday 31st January:
- Children under 9 (including Kubz), Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm.
- Children 9 and older and adults, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-7:30pm.
These are fun sessions that we run either:
- In Churchill Park by the preschool on Kinsale Ave (usual venue); or
- On Vellenoweth Green, on the corner of Goldie St and Tamaki Dr; or
- At St Heliers Bay, opposite Vellenoweth Green.
Watch glendowie.com/news (and your weekly email). This is where we will tell you if we are at Vellenoweth Green or the beach, rather than in Churchill Park.
Our regular schedule of 14 sessions per week across three venues resumes on Saturday 2nd February.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.