Happy New Year!
In 2019, I challenge you to perform 1,000 kicks every month (each leg). Each month, you choose the kick, and over the course of that month, you do 1,000 of those kicks each leg.
Here is a template you can use to record your kicks. Rules and considerations:
- Plan your kicks carefully. For example, you may want to perform faster kicks in shorter months, such as January and February.
- Over the course of 2019, you will perform 12 different kicks, and 1,000 of each kick on each leg.
- Each kicks starts and finishes in a guarding block or an appropriate ready stance. If you lift your leg and do 20 turning kicks before you lower it again, it only counts as 1!
- This works out to be about 33-34 kicks each leg per day, during most months (36 in February).
- Use this as a way to improve your kicks – don’t rush through with rubbish!