Hi Parents and Students
- Remember that weekday classes continue during school holidays;
- Saturday students please attend a class during the week;
- Classes on Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 June;
- Umpires course on 16 July;
- Calendar change for term 3 gradings.
Weekday classes continue during school holidays
Our weekday classes do not stop during the school holidays. Start preparing for your next grading now! (You never know whether you’ll manage to remain 100% through the entire term.)
Saturday students, please attend an alternative class:
- Taekwon-Do Kubz, come Tuesday and/or Thursday, 5-6pm at Churchill Park School, combined with our 6-8 year olds;
- Parents and children may like to attend one of our 9-12 year old classes:
- Mondays 6:00-7:30pm at Glendowie School;
- Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm at Churchill Park School;
- Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm at Glendowie School;
- Thursdays 6:00-7:00pm at Churchill Park School;
- Parents are also welcome at our youth and adult classes, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00-8:30pm at Churchill Park School.
Remember national team training on Sundays
- Time: 4.30 – 6pm, Sundays
- Dates: 4, 18, 25 June; 2, 9, 16, 23 July
- Venue: Warrior Taekwon-Do, MMC Venue, 198 Marua Road, Ellerslie
- Who: all students 9 years and over, yellow belt and above
These sessions are fantastic! Don’t miss them!
Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 June
Monday 26 June is our grading for white belts and yellow stripes at Glendowie Primary School. This is a very large hall, so our regular Monday classes will train as usual, down the far end of the hall, combined together with Mr Sapir. You will also be asked to demonstrate for the white belts and yellow stripes occasionally.
Tuesday 27 June is our grading for yellow belts and above, 6:00-8:30pm. Our 5-6pm class will train as usual. We will not run our usual 6-7pm and 7:00-8:30pm classes on the grading night. Please attend the Monday or Wednesday class at Glendowie Primary School instead (6:00-7:30pm).
Umpires course 16 July
There will be an umpires course on Sunday 16 July at Hart Taekwon-Do (21 Soljan Drive, Henderson). Details are here.
This is an important course for all senior students. Note that attire for the course is umpire suit (navy suit, white shirt, navy tie, white sports shoes and socks).
Calendar changes for term 3 gradings
Master Banicevich will be travelling to Finland for the ITF Taekwon-Do World Championships between 29 August and 21 September. This means we will change the regular timing of gradings for term 3 as follows:
- week of 28 August, assessment week in regular classes
- week of 11 September, pregrading in regular classes, report sheets due for under 13s
- Saturday 23 September, Skills Tournament at Churchill Park School
- Monday 9 October, grading for white belts and yellow stripes, Churchill Park School, 6-8pm
- Tuesday 10 October, grading for yellow belt and above, Churchill Park School, 6:00-8:30pm
- Saturday 14 October, grading for Taekwon-Do Kubz, Churchill Park School, 9:30-11:00am
This means that term 3 gradings will be held during the first week of term 4. Ensure you train during the school holidays to maximise your skills for the grading!
Master Banicevich will work with the instructing team while he is overseas to identify who will be invited to do a national gup grading, and who will be invited to do a children’s grading.