Hi Parents and Students
Venue change Thursday 22 June
Churchill Park School is unavailable on Thursday 22 June, so we have no classes that day.
We will run a combined class for all students on Wednesday 21 June. This will be held at Glendowie Primary School, 6:00-7:30pm.
We hope to see everyone there!
Grading details and requirements
Grading invoices were sent on Saturday 17 June. If you received a grading invoice:
- Pay your grading fee before Thursday 22 June.
- Read your syllabus handbook and memorise your theory – it will be tested this week.
- Know your entire syllabus, and practise it.
- Children under 13:
- Ensure you bring your completed report sheet (download it here) to your instructor before Thursday 22 June.
- Those with an A4 kids syllabus book, complete your pages before your next class – it will be checked this week.
- Those whose belt is white, Monday 26 June, 6-8pm at Glendowie Primary School (supporters bring a chair each);
- Yellow belts and above, Tuesday 27 June, 6:00-7:30pm at Churchill Park School;
- Taekwon-Do Kubz, Saturday 1 July, 9:30-11:00am at Churchill Park School.
If you received an invoice
If you receive an invoice, you are invited to grade this term. Read this post and the invoice email carefully, to understand how gradings will proceed. Grading fees are due before Thursday 22 June.
- All grades up to yellow belt (those with a white belt), Monday 26 June, 6:00-8:00pm, Glendowie Primary School;
- All grades from yellow belt (those wearing a yellow belt or higher) and adult white belts, Tuesday 27 June, 6:00-8:30pm, Churchill Park School;
- Kubz grading, Saturday 1 July, 9:30-11:00am, Churchill Park School;
- Children’s syllabus and Kubz gradings are $45 each, national gradings are $90 each.
If you cannot make the date of your scheduled grading, try to rearrange your calendar, please. Exceptions are difficult to manage.
Ensure you practise your syllabus – all of your syllabus and below – for grading, and ensure you know the theory for your grade and below. Remember that an invitation to grade is not a guarantee to pass – that is up to you, and how well you perform at grading.
If you didn’t receive an invoice
If you do not receive an invoice, then you are not invited to grade this term. In most cases, this is because you have insufficient sessions since your last grading – keep training. You are improving, and next term it is likely that you’ll be ready! A few students are not invited to grade because they are not trying hard enough in class. Grades are not awarded for turning up. You get better by trying hard, and you must meet the national standard to pass a national grading!
Children’s syllabus grades are designed for children under 13. Children naturally take longer to progress than adults, and children’s grades are awarded to help them recognise their progress.
School holiday classes
Remember that weekday classes continue during school holidays.
We don’t run Saturday classes during school holidays, so if you train Saturdays:
- Taekwon-Do Kubz are invited to classes Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 5-6pm with our 6-8 year olds (Churchill Park School).
- Parents are invited to our adult classes, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00-8:30pm (Churchill Park School).
- Children are invited to attend any class for their age group – see our schedule here.
- Parents may also train in the class with their children.