This Friday, 3 December, New Zealand moves from the 4 Level system to the traffic light system (COVID-19 Protection Framework) to help protect us from COVID-19. Auckland will be at the red level. Information about how this works for sport is available here.
- To ensure we don’t spend time verifying vaccination status, please email me your vaccine pass.
- If you are not vaccinated, email me for more information.
- Instructions about how to get your vaccine pass are here.
Basic allowances and restrictions are:
- Scan in with our COVID-19 QR code (parents and students), which is available at every class.
- Those over 12, please email me your vaccine pass. Otherwise we have to ask to see it every session. We will store this information securely on one secure laptop and two external hard drives.
- Those under 12 years 3 months do not need a vaccine pass (students over this age, and parents spectating, do).
- We are allowed gatherings of up to 100 people.
- One metre social distancing to be maintained at all times.
- Wearing masks during training is optional. Masks should be worn coming to and from training, and spectating (how unintuitive).
- We will continue to train in Vellenoweth Green for the remainder of 2021 and through January (schools are getting through this year as best they can, and the weather is great; I expect we will return to our regular venues when school begins in early February, we usually train in the park in January).
There is an unattractive option with more restrictions that permits unvaccinated attendees, which includes restricting gatherings to 25 people (including instructors and parents). All parents and students with whom I have spoken so far on this topic have been vaccinated and supportive of the vaccine. For this reason, we elected the vaccination option. However, I have not spoken with all students and parents. If you are unvaccinated, please email me so we can discuss options.